Clean Toilet Project
The ‘Clean Toilet Project’ provided toilet and bathing room access to rural households in Mayurbhanj district in Odisha.
The project aimed to provide access to safe, clean and private sanitation facilities to individual households in Biunria village of Mayurbhanj district in rural Odisha, India.
225 households, 3 villages
Mayurbhanj in Odisha
August 2014 to March 2016
₹ 21.60 lakh
Care Today Fund
- Construction of toilets and bathing rooms with piped water supply
- Mason training for 25 persons at Biunria village
- A three day Leadership Training in Karanjia to increase community ownership and management of the MANTRA intervention
- School sanitation programme in Unnata Madhyamika Vidyalaya, Biunria village with 70 participants to train the school children on hygiene and safe sanitation practices
- World Toilet Day and World Water Day observed in Biunria village to spread awareness on the hygiene, sanitation practices and water management.
- 108 toilet bathing room units constructed
- 25 youth trained as masons gaining new livelihood skills
- Improved awareness on safe hygiene and sanitation practices among school children and village communities