Community-managed Piped Water Supply and Sanitation Systems
The 'Community-managed Piped Water Supply and Sanitation Systems in the Peripheral Areas of Rourkela Steel Plant' project provides household level toilets and bathing rooms with piped water supply in 19 peripheral villages of the Rourkela Steel Plant.
The project aims to provide all households in the identified villages with individual toilets and bathing rooms, and round-the-clock water supply.
1893 households, 19 villages
Sundergarh in Odisha
July 2009 - October 2018
₹ 9.37 crore
Rourkela Steel Plant, Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Construction of individual household level toilets and bathing rooms
- Establishing a centralised water supply system through an overhead water tank
- Providing piped water supply from a safe water source to each household
- 1893 families have household toilet and bathing rooms
- 19 villages with community owned and managed piped water supply systems
- 19 Village Water and Sanitation Committees formed
- ₹ 21,98,590 raised as corpus fund for sustainability of water, toilets and bathing room systems