Comprehensive Water Supply & Sanitation
The 'Comprehensive Water Supply & Sanitation' project is constructing toilets and bathing rooms (with RCC roof) with round the clock water supply to each toilet, bathing room and kitchen for 375 households in five villages in Jharsuguda and Sundargarh districts in Odisha.
The project aims to achieve the welfare, self-sustenance and development of community in the five identified villages through a comprehensive water supply and sanitation programme.
375 households, 5 villages
Jharsuguda, Sundargarh in Odisha
February 2018 to 2020
INR 2 crore
Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Exposure visits for villagers to completed project sites of Gram Vikas
- Supporting village communities to form a registered village society with female or male head of households
- Supporting the selection of a Village Executive Committee with five men, women and one Gram Vikas representative and proportional representation of all social classes and castes
- Establishing a community corpus fund with contribution from individual families and building community capacities to manage it
- Construction of household level toilets and bathing rooms
- Establishment of village level water supply system and piped water connections to every household
- Set up external electrification for electrical water pumping systems
- Ongoing support, for a period of 3 to 5 years after construction, for village institutions, helping women participate in decision making and promoting natural resources based livelihoods