COVID-19: Civil Society Alliance Support to Relief Efforts
The ‘COVID 19: Civil Society Alliance Support to Relief Efforts’ programme focuses on building community capabilities to address the immediate and medium-term effects of COVID-19 on health, well-being and livelihoods security of the rural poor; demonstrate a local government planning approach to address issues related to mass home-coming of migrant workers; and support school-going children to overcome academic challenges posed by closed schools/inaccessible online learning platforms.
The programme aims to build community capabilities to address the impacts of COVID-19, demonstrate a convergent planning approach to respond to challenges from mass-return of migrant workers, and provide supplementary education to students missing school.
38991 persons in 170 villages
Gajapati in Odisha
July to December 2020
Rapid Community Response to COVID-19 (RCRC)
- Community mobilisation, conduct of village level activities for awareness on COVID-19 response and care
- Identification, training and management of Community Resource Persons
- Ensuring access to social entitlements for vulnerable households
- Establishing migrant support and resource centres, creating a skill database to enable future decision making
- Preparing village development visioning and perspective plans for six months at the gram panchayat and village-levels
- Supporting school going children with supplementary learning to overcome challenges posed by closed schools/inaccessible learning platforms