Holistic Rural Development Programme in Balangir district
The Holistic Rural Development Programme in Balangir district aims to reach nearly 18000 persons in 4660 households. This project intervenes in the areas of natural resource management, skill development, livelihood enhancement of the farmers, education, health and sanitation.
The project seeks to enable dignified and healthy living among the rural communities through self-governance.
4660 households, 20 villages
Balangir district in Odisha
January 2022 to March 2025
HDFC Bank Parivartan
- Renovation of 6 community ponds through de-siltation and stabilising the bunds.
- Periphery development of 4 community ponds
- Repairing the water channels
- Training school children on health and hygiene
- Raising platforms of drinking water sources to facilitate easy waste water drainage and a hygienic village environment
- Building capacity and providing technical assistance for Water Quality Management