Holistic Rural Development Programme in Balangir district
The Holistic Rural Development Programme in Balangir district aims to reach nearly 18000 persons in 4660 households. This project intervenes in the areas of natural resource management, skill development, livelihood enhancement of the farmers, education, health and sanitation.
The project seeks to enable dignified and healthy living among the rural communities through self-governance.
4660 households, 20 villages
Balangir district in Odisha
January 2022 to March 2025
HDFC Bank Parivartan
- Training school children on health and hygiene
- Strengthening child parliament
- Raising platforms of drinking water sources to facilitate easy waste water drainage and a hygienic village environment
- Building capacity and providing technical assistance for Water Quality Management
- Repairing and augmenting the toilet and bathing rooms of around 600 families across 4 villages
- Building capacity and technical support for Solid-Liquid waste management
- Sensitising adolescent girls on personal and menstrual hygiene