Increasing Access to Improved Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Services
The 'Increasing Access to Improved Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Services' project seeks to ensure piped water supply connections at the household and school levels, and to deepen and integrate water, sanitation and hygiene outcomes. The project is implemented in the villages of Ganjam and Gajapati districts in Odisha.
The project aims to set up village level water supply systems, provide household and school level piped water supply connections.
19 villages, 1054 households, 27 schools
Ganjam and Gajapati in Odisha
January 2019 to July 2020
INR 3.50 crore
- Mobilisation of village communities
- Strengthening of the Village Water Sanitation Committee (VWSC)
- Building piped water supply system with household tap connections
- Training in water quality management
- Awareness generation on water source sustainability