India Covid Relief
The India Covid Relief project will support the COVID-19 Response work of Gram Vikas in selected villages of Thuamul Rampur block in Kalahandi district, Odisha.
The initiative aims to support 100 villages in Thuamul Rampur block of Kalahandi district to provide immediate relief and rehabilitation.
Thuamul Rampur, Kalahandi district
June to November 2021
Crypto Relief through Rapid Community Response to COVID-19 (RCRC)
- Raising awareness around COVID-19 in hard to reach villages through mobile vans.
- Provisioning of safety kits to frontline health workers and volunteers.
- Supply of medicines for affected persons
- Food and nutrition support to the most vulnerable families affected by the pandemic.
- Set up Digital Learning Centres for facilitating education for more than 300 students.
- Facilitate cognitive growth of around 150 children through interactive games and activities.
- Mobile Vans with speakers reached out to 2900 households across 85 habitations with messages on COVID-19 and safety measures to prevent an infection.
- 100 volunteers provided with personal protective equipment like N-95 masks and face shields.
- Provided 43 numbers of medicine kits to the ASHA workers for health monitoring and dealing emergency care at community level.
- 700 vulnerable families from 106 villages were provided dry ration kits and personal hygiene items to sustain for a month.
- Set-up 18 numbers of village level Digital Learning Centres which provided routine education to more than 300 tribal children in remote locations.
- Facilitated interactive sessions like wood crafting workshop, drawing competition etc. for children in the age group of 4 to 8 years in 30 villages to support children’s emotional wellbeing and enhance their learning abilities.
- Conducted training sessions for the village volunteers on formation and strengthening of child clubs. A group of 12 volunteers were equipped with skills to manage child clubs.