NALCO School Water Supply
The ‘NALCO School Water Supply’ project sought to ensure adequate access to sanitation facilities by providing water connection to toilets in 53 schools in Angul district in Odisha.
The aim of the project was to ensure access to adequate water and sanitation facilities leading to better health outcomes among school children.
Angul in Odisha
November 2017 to June 2018
₹ 1.30 crore
- Establishment of a secure water source
- Setting up of water pumping infrastructure
- Awareness generation and motivation among teachers and students to adopt good WASH practices
- Toilets, urinals and handwashing stations connected with uninterrupted water supply
- 53 schools have access to clean drinking water
- 265 teachers and more than 6000 students trained in proper use of toilets/urinals, handwashing, solid and liquid waste disposal and sensitive menstrual hygiene practices