Training of individuals from underprivileged background as Geriatric Caregivers
‘Training of individuals from underprivileged background as Geriatric Caregivers’ is an initiative by Gram Vikas to provide livelihoods for the rural poor in the caregiving economy. A partnership with Life Circle Health Service Private Limited, young women and men are trained to be Geriatric Caregivers with immediate and guaranteed placements across the country.
The project aims to train 50 young women from villages in Odisha as Geriatric Caregivers.
Kalahandi, Gajapati, Ganjam and Kandhamal districts of Odisha
October 2019 - March 2021
Life Circle Health Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Mobilisation and selection of trainees based on pre-decided criteria
- Providing pre-training orientation programme for the trainees
- Providing training venue and hostel infrastructure (classroom, hostel, training materials)
- Coordinate the training (classroom and practical, hospital training) with the help of Life Circle trainers
- Administration of the training programme
- Managing the expenses related to training
- Provide trainees with on-the-job training upon completion of the classroom sessions
- Job placements after successful completion of the training programme