Water and livelihood security through community engagement
The project “Water and livelihood security through community engagement” will boost income through agriculture and allied activities, water harvesting measures and other community engagement initiatives for citizenship building. The project will strengthen the institutional, technical and financial capabilities of the communities for better farm-based livelihoods. It will help build water harvesting infrastructures, promote water conservation practices for ecological and economic sustainability, and strengthen cluster approach in farming. It will also encourage women’s participation in economic activities to enhance family income.
The project aims to help build village level capacities for managing sustainable conservation of water and livelihoods development.
13,088 households, 10 villages
Bargarh district in Odisha
April 2022 to March 2023
- Conducting hydrogeological survey of the Gram Panchayat
- Assessment of water demand and supply gaps at the village level
- Preparation of Village level Water Security Plans
- Renovation of ponds to be used for irrigation purposes
- Plantation and land development activities for water conservation