Integrated Village Development
The ‘Integrated Village Development’ project in Kalahandi District, Odisha will be implemented in five villages of Lakhbahali Gram Panchayat, Lanjigarh Block. The project simultaneously intervenes in the areas of digitisation, education, health, WaSH, skill and livelihood development, women empowerment, youth development, community engagement, infrastructure and environment.
The project aims to develop the adopted villages with holistic intervention for improving infrastructure and basic facilities, facilitating access to government services and schemes, enabling digital access for banking and government services, and capacity building of village institutions for implementation and sustainability of the programme.
Kalahandi district of Odisha
January 2022 to December 2024
- Setting up Gram Seva Kendra (GSK) in villages, conducting awareness programmes on various schemes and services, and providing online services to the communities
- Setting up smart classrooms, computer and science labs and libraries in schools, conducting remedial classes in villages and organising academic, sports and science events
- Conducting health camps in villages, promoting healthy diet practices through kitchen garden
- Improvements in access to safe drinking water and sanitation
- Promoting sustainable livelihood practices and improve farmers’ incomes
- Strengthening self-help groups, forming youth groups, sharing employment opportunities
- Constructing water bodies and increasing green coverage
- Improving rural infrastructure for improved access to basic services
- Enhance coverage under government social security programmes
- Building capacities of village institutions for participatory rural development