Oracle Smart Classroom in Tribal Residential Schools
The 'Oracle Smart Classroom in Tribal Residential Schools' supports two schools - Gram Vikas Shiksha Niketan, Thuamul Rampur and Gram Vikas Residential School, Kankia - in Kalahandi district, Odisha - to use smart classrooms to enhance learning-teaching outcomes.
The project aims to provide continued support for improved learning-teaching outcomes using smart classrooms in tribal residential schools.
1251 students, 62 teachers
Kalahandi & Ganjam in Odisha
April 2018 to March 2019
INR 48.09 lakh
Oracle Giving through Charities Aid Foundation India
- Collecting and sharing e-learning materials such as textbook centred e-learning materials from OPEPA for Classes III to VIII, scientific experiments & videos by Arvind Gupta, and e-books from Pratham and NBT; and online resources from Coursera, Khan Academy, and Academic Earth among others
- Quality management of school-classroom-teachers with the use of e-resource materials in a smart classroom environment
- Training on Design Thinking framework by DFC (Design for Change) to promote skills like Leadership, Communication, and Collaboration; Critical and Creative thinking among children
- Training children on STEM learning, focussing on “hands-on” and “DIY” methods to incite creativity and imagination in young minds by Pratham
- Creating working models on Human Digestive system, Solar system, and Change of season
- Teachers training on incorporating digital literacy in a multilingual tribal set-up by trainers from Azim Premji University