Project PRAYAS – Building sustainable and resilient rural communities
Project Prayas will enable provisioning of year-long safe water at household level, equip households with adequate sanitation infrastructure and create open defecation free villages and build capacities of village level institutions for better organization management and preparedness.
The project aims to strengthen social systems and community infrastructure, create WaSH infrastructure, and promote improved practices leading towards a healthy living in six intervention villages of Angul district. In addition, a baseline study and intervention plan will be made for eight new villages for future interventions.
Angul district in Odisha
October 2021 - September 2022
Essel Mining and Industries Limited (EMIL)
- Establish piped water supply system in 2 villages to ensure year round access to clean drinking water
- Repair and augmentation of existing drinking water sources and toilets & bathing rooms (TBR) in 6 villages
- Build raised platform with soak pit for all tube well and dug well infrastructures
- Capacity building and technical support to communities for water quality management, solid-liquid waste management and strengthening village institutions.
- Wall painting & IEC development
- Provide solar street lighting in 6 villages
- Provide solar home lighting facilities