Response for COVID‐19 and Migration
The ‘Response for COVID‐19 and Migration’ programme will develop community mobilisers to support better preparedness for COVID-19, and promote access to social protection schemes to migrant and vulnerable households. Gram Vikas will work with village, block and district governments to create community-level capabilities, institutional systems and processes for future epidemic readiness; strengthen block level preparedness for COVID-19 management; and create technology enabled systems to increase access to social protection.
The project aims to improve the effectiveness of COVID-19 response at community and local government levels, and facilitate linking of vulnerable populations with government programmes.
4,40,109 households, 6 districts
Bolangir, Gajapati, Ganjam, Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Nuapada in Odisha
July 2020 to March 2021
- Create a cadre of 36 community mobilisers at block level with capacities to support functionaries of panchayati raj institutions (PRI) on effective COVID‐19 response
- Reach at least 80,000 households reached with information on social protection schemes of the Centre and State Governments
- Enable linking of rural households to social protection schemes by assisting filling of applications and supporting PRIs & GPs to facilitate registrations
- Liaise with district and block administrations to facilitate linkage of social protection schemes for the vulnerable households
- Link 20,000 households with at least one of the social protection benefits, especially those announced as a part of PMGKY
- Build capacities of 2000 PRI functionaries and other frontline functionaries around prevention measures for COVID-19